Monday, September 19, 2011

Wedding Bells` - NZ Wedding Show NZFW 2011

2011

As I have mentioned previously that I was going to attend the New Zealand Fashion Week. And I sure did! It was awesomely different compare to the Fashion Week I attended in Malaysia back in 2009.
MIFW 2009`
After that year, I totally slowed down on attending events as college assignments and presentations really took its tow on me. 
But I had fun, went for more musicals then I ever attended thanks to the boyfriend. 
Unfortunately I didn't have the time to blog about it` 
Sorry? :S 
Anyhoo, I shall cut the crap 
and 
I present you NZFW 2011!
(&mebackinactionwtf)
All the runway show was held in the Wespac Shed`
I only went for the Fashion Weekend show because the week before I was caught up uni`
Well better than nothing` (;
AND 
the NZ Wedding Fashion Show was the first runway show to start off on the 3rd September Fashion Weekend show`

"A woman is never sexier than when she is comfortable in her clothes. "-Vera Wang

"All those years of skating and dancing have carried over. I can't design anything without thinking of how a woman's body will look and move when she's wearing it"-Vera Wang

Your Wedding day is THE and WILL be the most important day of your entire life`
(besides giving birth to a new born baby and so on)
"I wanted to define the vocabulary of a wedding both visually and intellectually. The book is about more than weddings or wedding dresses. It's a metaphor for women's lives, their creativity." - Vera Wang
Even getting a wedding dress defines your own personality`

Sometimes is not what dress you wear, but also what you wear on your head`

Those days,
people use to judge a bride's fortune with the amount of materials that use on their wedding dress`



But too much can be poison`
or in this term we call it a Fashion Crime`
Always put a balance to it`
Not just on wedding dresses`
But whatever you wear EVERYDAY`

and
 Just like breasts (idontknowwhyichosethisexample), 
wedding dresses comes in different shapes and sizes too! (lol)
I have broken it down to categories and here you go!

the Ball Gown
-If you like Dramatic Entrance this is definitely T.H.E dress`
Along with OTT(overthetop) veils/head accessories`



Trumpet Style
-This gives a very elegant curve to the body and looks best for those who has a flat butt (like me) :D

the A-Line style:
-For flowy and light feel, perfect for a beach wedding`

the Straight-Cut:
-nice and simple with great embroidery texture to it is perfect`
but I think I would let my bridesmaids wear these.
Then again is up to individuals`

You could add a Royal feel to your wedding by using the royal beige colour`
Loving this color`
the Sheath:
-I love this style.
This is great for those lucky woman who are in good heights`
Tall woman looks real elegant with these dresses`

the Open-leg (just realize it sounded wrong):
-If you are petite in size, with the open leg cutting it could accentuate and lengthen your legs`
and of cause the tall ones looks great in these too` (;

Sick of the typical White wedding?
It's not wrong to change the color`
It may be conflicting with other cultures like the dress in black colour`
BUT
Do you know black weddings are popular in Scandinavia?
If you are daring enough, go on and rock the color black in your wedding!
Unless you don't want anything that extreme, you could settle with Grey`

&&&
How could you forget the other ladies like your M-O-M/Mother in-law & of coz the BFF!


Don't forget the guys too`
They can be real vain judging from the world we are in now` lol.

Don't forget the kids too!
Cute Much?

That's the great show I've attended`
But that's not all for the NZFW 2011`
Stay tune!
little miss skinny bitch

No comments: