Sunday, June 24, 2012

What SAFE?

For the past week, I have been receiving articles, e-mails from parents and even more news on Facebook regarding kidnaps cases and robberies back in Malaysia, and in my favorite hang out places. From the Nayati's kidnapping case to the popular Facebook Note thread of "30 hours ago I escaped from being kidnapped" (?) (yes both my parents bombarded me with that via e-mail). Here's the thing, didn't kidnapping case existed long time ago and suddenly everyone seems to be surprised about it. I'm not saying kidnapping crime is not a big deal, especially concern us females but what can we actually do about it? Especially when we ourselves don't even trust our own police.


Hire a body guard?

Unless you are that wealthy, sure why not? Plus, you could have all the attention you want if you're an attention seeker. Or if you're as poor as me (yes i'm poor so no point robbing me lol), maybe we could get a guyfriend/boyfriend that looks like a bouncer? Or just don't bother kidnapping me since I'm broke? Yes please go after the rich ones. :] No, really. -.-


Learn Kung Fu/Martial Arts?




Otherwise Taekwondo since Malaysia's Schools are famous for that. I remember almost all my friends actually taking it and go for lessons every Saturday. I, personally don't see a point of it because all I see is a bunch of people learning "dance steps". No offense to all my active Taekwondo friends, just saying. :D I don't know much to judge you guys so I shall stop judging! x) Peace! Anyhoo, Let's move on aye? Now, let say you're a black belt of what ever martial arts. How confident are you that you won't panic and forget your dance moves  martial arts skills? I mean I'm being realistic here. You know how people are like when they have panic attacks. At that moment you can be so shocked that you don't even know what to do. Some just stays still there or starts to pee in their pants? Possible. I may pee in my pants if I have a knife or gun pointing at me. Won't you? Well, if you have the power to stay calm then I guess Kung Fu will save your life. So what about us who don't know Kung Fu?



Carry Special "weapons"?


We have come to this era where we have quite good inventions like the loud as siren-keychain. Then again, these kidnappers/robbers have become more and more daring. So I guess we need to move on to something that could hurt them.


Hurt them Bad. Like...Pepper Spray! You know they attack you then you spray at them and they'll be blind forever. :) Lol. Not forever but still a good amount of time for you to run for your life. But what if they are attacking from the back? Hmm. I guess you could back kick to his nuts? Well I assume all kidnappers are guys, so yea kick their balls if you have to. It probably hurts more than the pepper spray. Here's another question, what if you're being attacked by a group of people? Huh.

Dress Hideously? (for the ladies)



Maybe, Just Maybe if we were to dress more "appropriately" (more covered up as some may suggest) we wouldn't be the target of these people. Oh who am I kidding? Seriously, if you actually want to have coitus can't you hold on to your sexual desire or find another whore that needs more sex than you do? Instead of having forced intercourse? I'm just baffled by the fact that the solution to one's crime  was to blame the victim. How does that make sense? We wear what we want and what makes us comfortable. You can't just blame the lady being pretty and attractive.





I'm not saying you should just let this slide and move on with life. Move on with life, Yes. But of course take precautions wherever you are and your surroundings. Also, I personally do think that if only we Malaysians are not too into ourselves and being selfish we could actually help each other and watch out for each others as well.

Then again I can't blame that we're so uptight with our privacy looking at what great "actors & actresses" out there they have fooled many of us. Like even a grandma can be fraud, what World are we coming into? Taking advantage of our good hearts is not cool! SO I guess you can't blame us being so cold hearted towards the beggars. I mean sorry man, I bet the amount of money they collect in a day is more than any of the white collar guys could earn in a day.

So really.


What more can we really do?

Does the government need to create more jobs so that these people could have a salary to earn from instead of stealing from us?

Is the economy affecting the level of crime rates we are having?

Do we need to keep our kids indoors at all time to keep them safe?

Who am I kidding?
Even being indoor is unsafe.

So, What is safe?

There are no place safe in this world. Anymore. Or is there?


No comments: